French fries are definitely my guilty pleasure, but if you're like me and you love fries, that doesn't mean you need to head to McDonalds. There are plenty of ways to make healthy french fries at home, but you can it one step further and make this snack even healthier by using carrots.
For this recipe, I used a vegan Parmesan cheese that I used in another recipe of mine, but if you want these to be real cheesy fries, you can go ahead and use real Parmesan! Both work just as well.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 jumbo carrots, or 6 smaller ones
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I used a vegan version, but regular works as well)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice your carrots into french fry-sized pieces. Add them to a medium bowl, and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and parsley until evenly coated.
2. Spread carrots onto an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet, making sure they're even and not on top of each other. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until carrots begin to get crispy. Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve warm.