Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns
I've made a lot of different things with spaghetti squash, but I think this has to be my all-time favorite. Spaghetti squash hash browns are as good as they sound, and they're SO EASY. I want to eat them for breakfast every single day.
This recipe is perfect for when you have leftover cooked squash from the night before — it really cuts down on prep time.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, cooked (Instructions here)
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To serve with hash browns:
- 1 pasture-raised fried egg
- Avocado slices
1. Squeeze all the water out of the spaghetti squash using your hands. You might want to do this a few times to make sure you get all the water out. Pat dry with a paper towel.
2. In a large bowl, mix spaghetti squash with one egg, onions, garlic, and parsley.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add spaghetti squash mixture for about 10 minutes or until squash begins to turn golden brown. Mix occasionally with a spatula so squash doesn't burn.
3. Serve warm with a side of fried egg and avocado slices, and top with a little pinch of salt and pepper to taste.