Lemon Avocado Kelp Noodles With Kale And Basil
I love kelp noodles, but I don't eat them nearly enough. They're not only filled with minerals, but they're easy to prepare (no cooking required!) and they have a distinct crunchy texture that makes them perfect for cold noodle dishes. I get my kelp noodles at Whole Foods, but you can find them at a variety of health food stores.
Yes, they are made of sea vegetables, but don't be scared to eat them. They have a mild taste, but are filling, and not as dense, as other noodles.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 6-8 ounces kelp noodles
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 basil leaves, folded in half and sliced
1. Rinse and drain kelp noodles and add them to a bowl.
2. Blend together avocado and juice of the lemon. If you don't have a blender, you can also just mash the avocado and mix it with the lemon juice.
3. Add the lemon avocado mixture to the kelp noodles, and toss until evenly coated.
4. Top noodles with kale, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and basil.