Kale and Potato Hash With A Fried Egg and Lemon Almond Basil Pesto
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 medium russet potato
- 4 leaves fresh kale, broken into pieces
- 5 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cage-free egg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Ingredients for Pesto:
- Handful fresh basil (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon shaved almonds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add tomatoes to an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
1. Cut up potato into small pieces. Place into a microwavable-safe bowl, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
2. While potatoes are cooking, prepare pesto by blending ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. When potatoes are done in the microwave, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat in a large pan. Add potatoes and kale, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until kale gets soft. Remove kale and potatoes and place into a large bowl, adding roasted tomatoes.
3. Crack the egg into the pan and cook for a few minutes until whites are cooked and yolk is still runny. Place on top of kale, potato, and tomato mixture. Drizzle with pesto and serve warm.