Kale and Quinoa Tabbouleh with Shaved Almonds and Currants
Kale and quinoa are two of my favorite health foods, and I love combining them together because it's really easy to play with their flavors. This salad is a healthy twist on a classic Mediterranean dish, and it is great to make in big batches to bring to work the following week. Add in some spiced or roasted chickpeas for extra protein and fiber.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, prepared according to package
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare quinoa according to package. Set aside and let cool.
2. Toss quinoa with chopped kale, parsley, mint, tomatoes, almonds, and currants.
3. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over salad and toss to evenly coat. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or chill.