I have always loved pasta, so when I find new substitutes for the white variety, I always get extremely excited. This recipe uses Banza pasta, which is made with chickpeas instead of wheat. This means added protein and fiber (yay!).
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 box Banza shell pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare pasta according to package and drain.
2. In a medium pan, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil on low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Mix in arugula and cherry tomatoes for an additional minute. Add pasta, coating with arugula, tomatoes, and garlic, and remove from heat. Add lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and toss so pasta is evenly coated.
4. Transfer to a bowl and top with flaxseed meal and a dash of salt and pepper.