Mexican Kale Salad With Spiralized Sweet Potatoes and Honey Cumin Vinaigrette
Who says Mexican food has to be heavy and unhealthy? With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I decided to come up with a healthy and balanced Mexican salad, so you don't have to feel guilty when indulging in some delicious Mexican cuisine.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons cilantro micro greens
- Ingredient for Honey Cumin Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon raw wild honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spiralize sweet potato using a small noodle blade. Press lightly so noodles come out thinly. Spread on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive bake. Bake for 15 minutes, and then flip on the sheet. Bake for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes begin to get crisp.
2. While potatoes are cooking, add kale leaves to a bowl. You have the option to massage them with a little bit of olive oil and salt to make them softer. Add cherry tomatoes, beans, avocado, and cilantro micro greens. When sweet potatoes are finished, add to bowl.
3. To make dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, cumin, and honey in a small bowl until evenly mixed. Drizzle over salad and enjoy.