Vegan Mexican Loaded French Fries
What could be better than a cross between french fries and nachos? A recipe that is healthy and vegan at that! Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with an indulgent meal that actually turns out to be healthy. If you want to kick things up a notch, I would definitely recommend adding in some jalapeños or hot sauce.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 russet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Garlic salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful of cilantro micro greens
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice potato into thin, fry-sized wedges. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Flip potatoes, and bake for another 15 minutes. Add to a plate.
2. Chop up tomatoes and thinly slice green onion. Add to fries along with black beans.
3. Scoop out avocado and place into a bowl. Add lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper, to taste. Mash with a fork, and add to fries. Top with cilantro micro greens.