Brown Rice Spaghetti With Arugula Basil Pesto Sauce
I love adding pesto to my pasta, as it adds in nutrients from the greens, herbs, garlic, and nuts that you choose. This pasta is gluten-free, as it's made with brown rice spaghetti, and vegan as well.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 ounces dry brown rice spaghetti
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Arugula Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring water to a boil in a medium pot, and cook pasta according to package. While pasta is cooking, add tomatoes to an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking and tomatoes are roasting, prepare pesto by blending ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. When pasta is ready, toss in pesto sauce and top with roasted tomatoes. Serve warm.