This salad makes a great appetizer or addition to a summer barbecue. If you want it to be a full meal, consider adding some roasted chickpeas or cooked lentils. If you want it to be vegan/dairy free, just remove the goat cheese.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 small/medium beets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Handful of sprouts
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop up carrots and beets and spread on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
2. When vegetables are done roasting, add to a bowl along with tomatoes, avocado, and sprouts. Toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve with a sprinkle of goat cheese.