Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Pesto & Egg
Cauliflower crust pizza is great in concept, but it can take a long time to make it from scratch, and it often requires using cheese, which isn't great if you aren't dairy free. Trader Joe's cauliflower crust to the rescue! You can find this crust in the frozen section, and it makes creating these gluten-free pizzas much easier.
- 1 Trader Joe's Cauliflower Crust Pizza (Or brand of your choice)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (I use Parmela Creamery vegan cashew cheese from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup arugula
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
Ingredients for Cashew Pesto
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup greens of choice (I like arugula or kale)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Prepare cauliflower crust according to package.
2. While crust is baking, prepare pesto by blending ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Once crust is prepared, spread tomato sauce onto crust, leaving an inch around the edges for the crust. Top with cheese and arugula. Crack the two eggs directly onto the pizza. Finish off with tomatoes, and broil on high for 5 minutes. Check if the egg is done (whites should be set). If they are not, broil for a few more minutes until they are set. This should take 5-10 minutes total.
4. Remove pizza from oven, and top with pesto. Serve warm.