Holy moly it has been over a month since I've written on here! Time does fly... I'm not sure how half of 2017 is almost over. I know I don't have to explain my absence, but I was finishing up writing my manuscript for my second cookbook! Can't wait to share with you guys the topic, and I think everyone will love it.
This salmon salad is perfect for those days where you need to restore balance, whether it's in your energy levels, your digestion, your mood, and more. It's filled with nutrients to help set everything straight. Food can be so powerful.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 beets
- 1 salmon filet
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale, massaged
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk ricotta cheese
- Handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut off the greens of the beets, and wrap each up in tinfoil. Place on them on the baking sheet.
2. Add the salmon filet to the baking sheet as well, and top with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of sea salt and pepper. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove salmon, and cook the beets for an additional 25-30 minutes. When beets are removed from the oven, they should be soft, and the skin should easily be peeled off.
3. While the beets are cooking, add the kale to a medium/large bowl along with the salmon. When beets are ready, peel them, and chop them up. Add them to the kale bowl, along with sauerkraut, pumpkin seeds, ricotta, and sprouts. Top with olive oil and vinegar.