Buttery Lemon Roasted Carrots with Garlic and Thyme
Thanks to Brummel & Brown for sponsoring this post! All opinions stated below are my own.
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables, and although I do enjoy them raw dipped in hummus or chopped in salads, there’s something special about roasting them. You can eat roasted carrots as a side dish or even chop them up to put them in a salad.
These roasted carrots are extra special because they’re made with a lemony sauce using Brummel & Brown’s organic buttery yogurt spread. This gives these carrots a rich flavor, but you can rest easy knowing that they’re still a lighter option.
- 1 bunch carrots (about 8)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Spread
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread some parchment paper on a large baking sheet and set aside.
2. Cut off the tops of your carrots, leaving about an inch at the top. Add to a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, heat up Brummel & Brown on low heat until melted. Mix in lemon. Remove from heat, and pour over the carrots in the bowl. Add garlic and thyme, and toss until carrots are evenly coated.
4. Spread the carrots out on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and pour any butter mixture that is left at the bottom of the bowl evenly over the carrots. Top with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft.