Chickpea Penne with Kale and Red Wine
*If you want more plant-based recipes like this, click here to order "Plant Protein Recipes That You'll Love!" You'll get over 150 vegan & vegetarian recipes, all made with plant-based proteins! *
It's a New Year, and instead of trying to cleanse or eat strictly salad, I've decided to throw some red wine into pasta. Honestly, I'm not sorry. This dish tasted RICH, and it's not even unhealthy. Here's to adding more red wine into food in 2018.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 cup uncooked Banza chickpea penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Splash of red wine
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of pepper
1. Prepare pasta according to package. When finished, drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently so garlic doesn't burn. Add kale and tomatoes, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until kale starts to wilt and tomatoes have begun to soften. Add the splash of red wine and pinch of salt, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to low, and add pasta to the pan. Mix in cheese and pepper, until pasta is evenly coated with the kale mixture and cheese. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm.