Chopped Garbanzo Salad With Tomatoes, Arugula, Green Onion, and Feta
I feel like the past year of my life has been the busiest I have ever been, which is okay, considering some amazing and exciting things have been happening to me, and I love being productive. At times like these, I often find myself cooking in the wee hours of the morning or preparing foods that don't really actually require much prepping.
Cue the salads. Not only are salads healthy, but they also are easy to throw together when timing is tight. It's all easy to keep things different, because there are so many ingredients you can switch up in your salad. This salad is a cross between Greek and Italian, mixing the feta and lemon element of the Greek with the arugula and garbanzos fromItalian cuisine.
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup arugula, chopped
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pepper to taste
1. Mix chickpeas, tomatoes, green onions, and arugula.
2. Toss with olive oil and lemon. Top with feta cheese and pepper.