If you enjoy regular wraps or burritos, collard wraps are definitely a good choice for you. I'm sure you can imagine the numerous health benefits of using a leafy green instead of flour for a sandwich, especially one filled with so many nutrients and antioxidants. You can fill your wrap up with whatever fillings you'd like, and this version is a completely plant-based wrap that uses white beans for protein and avocado for healthy fats, which both work to keep you full and satisfied.
- 1 large collard green leaf
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup white beans
- Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1 tablespoon Vegenaise
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Prepare your collard green to be wrapped by cutting off the thick part of the stalk, and then steaming the leaf to soften it. I just boiled a pot water, and put the leaf over the pot. This tutorial is very helpful.
2. Place sun-dried tomatoes in the center of the collard green. Slice avocado and place it on top along with white beans.
3. To make lemon garlic aioli, mix together vegenaise, lemon juice, and garlic powder until smooth. Drizzle over ingredients.
4. Roll collard green from the top, tucking it underneath the vegetable mixture. Tuck in the sides and continue to roll (see tutorial if you need help on this step). Once wrap is rolled, slice in half down the middle crosswise, and secure with a toothpick.