I don't know about you, but summer definitely makes me crave salads. The options are endless when it comes to salad combinations, and it's also an easy way to throw in different healthy foods to get a good balance of nutrients.
This salad mixes the protein of quinoa with the various vitamins and nutrients in citrus, kale, and nuts. It's light, easy to make, and perfect for a sunny and cheerful day!
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- 2 stalks of green onion
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 grapefruit, cubed
- A handful of pistachio meats (shelled)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive Oil
1. Finely chop your kale, green onion, and basil.
2. Toss with cooked quinoa, cubed grapefruit, and pistachios.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to taste.