Nothing says healthy quite like a dish filled with the colors of the rainbow. Colors=nutrients, and nutrients=happiness! This is a quick and easy skillet that can be made as a main dish or served as a side.
- 1/2 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 small/medium tomatoes
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 stalk of green onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven/toaster oven to 425 degrees. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet with tinfoil and drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly with a little bit of cumin, paprika, and oregano. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
2. While chickpeas are cooking, chop up sweet potato into squares. Place into a microwavable bowl and drizzle with a little bit of water. Cook in the microwave for about 4 minutes or until soft. (Note: I used the microwave to make prep time quicker. If you don't like the microwave, you can also roast for about 30 minutes in the oven at 425.)
3. Heat up some olive oil in a pan. Cook kale, white onions, and garlic until kale is wilted and onion is translucent.
4. Add sweet potato and chickpeas when they're completed. Toss with tomatoes for a minute and then turn off heat. Add green onion and parsley and toss. Squeeze the juice of lemon over skillet along with another drizzle of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.