Greek Yogurt Macaroni and Cheese with Crumbled Kale Chips
Greek yogurt really is the best cooking substitute. I use it as a replacement for sour cream, heavy cream, milk, mayo, and more. It's also a great way to make macaroni and cheese without using very much cheese at all. This SUPER easy version of macaroni and cheese is lightened way up using Greek yogurt, but taste is not compromised, trust me. Get excited to try this one, because I know I'll be making this version a lot more. Plus, it's a great choice for kids (not that you have to be a kid to eat this dish).
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice fusilli
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2 percent)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle of kale chips (I used the Trader Joe's packaged kind)
1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pot you cooked your pasta, add olive oil on very low heat. Let heat for about 1 minute.
3. Add in Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder, stirring on the low heat until everything melts together. Add in pasta and stir until evenly coated and warm, about 30 seconds or so.
4. Transfer to a bowl and top with kale chips, crumbling with your fingers. Serve warm.