Chickpea Chia Salad Collard Wrap
Ingredients (makes 2 small wraps or 1 big wrap)
- 1-2 collard green leaves (the bigger the better)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon alfalfa sprouts
- Ingredients For Chickpea Salad:
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Chosen Foods avocado oil mayo (or Vegenaise, if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon raw wild honey (omit if vegan)
- A dash of black pepper
1. Prepare your collard green to be wrapped by cutting off the thick part of the stalk. You have the option to steam the leaf to soften it. I just boil a pot of water and put the leaf over the pot. This tutorial is very helpful. Place the leaf aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, celery, red onion, dill, chia seeds, Dijon mustard, mayo, honey, and pepper. Mash with a fork or spatula until chunky.
3. Lay collard green flat and add chickpea salad to the top. Top with tomatoes and sprouts. Begin rolling the collard green towards you, tucking in the sides (watch the tutorial above if this step is confusing). Cut in half down the middle crosswise, and enjoy.