Hi friends! If you are new to me from Salba chia, nice to meet you! If not, nice to see you again! I'm a huge fan of veggies, so I often make bowls, not just because they are pretty, but because you can load them up with your favorite foods and eat them all at once! I usually add some sort of beans or eggs to my bowls — I'm not vegetarian, but I eat mostly plant-based foods. For this bowl, I used a spicy sesame oil to roast the potatoes for extra flavor. You can also drizzle some over the end product for more of a kick. If you're looking for a good brand, I used Chosen Foods.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small purple potato
- 1 cage free egg
- 1 tablespoon spicy sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Salba chia seeds
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 carrot, chopped thinly crosswise
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Add quinoa to a bowl. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice potato thinly crosswise, and place on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon spicy sesame oil and roast for 20 minutes.
2. While potatoes are cooking, add egg to a small pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Let egg sit in the water for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse egg with cool water. Peel, cut in half, and add to bowl. When potatoes are finished, add as well.
3. Finely chop up garlic. In a small pan, heat up 1/2 tablespoon spicy sesame oil on medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add kale and sauté for 3-4 minutes until kale is soft. Add chia seeds and toss. Add to bowl.
4. Make an avocado rose using this tutorial, or just slice into thin pieces. Place into the center of bowl. Add tomatoes, carrots, and parsley. Finish with black pepper, to taste, and add more sesame oil if desired.