Kale Superfood Crunch Salad with Lemon Basil Yogurt Dressing
This summer-inspired salad can be eaten year long, and it's light enough for lunch but filling enough for dinner. My favorite part of it is the balsamic honey brussels sprouts, but there are also a a bunch of other superfoods tossed together with some sunflower seeds and hemp seeds for extra crunch. If you're a vegan, you can just leave out the honey and yogurt and use an extra lemon for more flavor.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
Ingredients for Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wild raw honey
- A dash of black pepper
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Handful of micro greens
Ingredients for Lemon Basil Yogurt Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and then spread on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Top with pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy.
2. While brussels sprouts are cooking, place kale into a large bowl. Massage with olive oil and salt between your fingers so kale leaves soften. Add in tomatoes, green onion, chickpeas, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds.
3. When brussels are finished, add to bowl with kale. To make dressing, mix together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, and dried basil leaves until smooth. Toss salad with dressing. Top with microgreens and serve.