Roasted Cauliflower and Golden Beet Bowl With Chickpeas, Feta & Harissa
I love roasted cauliflower and beets, as they both get so sweet and tender. Mix that with the crunchiness of the crispy chickpeas, the saltiness of the feta, and the savoriness of the harissa, and you've got a bowl exploding with flavor as well as nutrients.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried orgenao
- Dash of salt
- 3 medium golden beets, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 cups cauliflower florets (about 1/2 a small head)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Handful fresh flat leaf parsley
Ingredients for Harissa (will have leftover)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread chickpeas on a small, aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over chickpeas, and top with pepper, oregano, and salt.
2. On a separate, large, aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, add beets and cauliflower. Drizzle with remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil until evenly coated. Put both baking sheets in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Chickpeas should be golden and crispy, beets should be soft, and cauliflower should be turning golden at crisp at the tops.
3. While vegetables and chickpeas are roasting, prepare harissa by combining tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, caraway, lemon juice, and olive oil until a smooth paste forms. Make sure garlic is finely chopped so it mixes in evenly.
4. When vegetables and chickpeas are done, combine in a bowl. Top with feta cheese and parsley, and drizzle with about 2-3 tablespoons of harissa, or as desired. Serve warm or chill.