I've been trying to incorporate more fish into my diet, but every time I think fish, I just want to eat sushi. But I realized a more cost-effective way to get my omega-3s is with canned tuna — made in a way that makes me feel like I'm eating sushi! You only need a few ingredients for this bowl, and it's definitely much less expensive — and likely more healthy — than going to your favorite sushi restaurant.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 5 oz canned tuna
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Place quinoa in a bowl. Heat up sesame oil in a small pan on medium-low heat. Add kale and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Place on top of quinoa.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine tuna, Sriracha, and green onion. Add to quinoa bowl.
3. Top with diced avocado and sesame seeds.