I bought a bag of cauliflower rice from Trader Joe's the other day, and as I was looking at the little pieces, I couldn't help but to think how perfect they would be in a tabbouleh (tabouli? I get confused which one to use!). Boy was I right! This easy-to-make salad is all raw, but it's filled with flavor, especially from my favorite combination of olive oil and lemon. I also especially like the added crunch that the riced cauliflower gives to the salad. Consider adding in some chickpeas for extra protein, or even drizzle on some harissa for a little spicy kick!
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 Persian cucumbers, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 3 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 small lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine cauliflower, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onion, mint, and parsley in a bowl.
2. Add olive oil and lemon juice, and toss until evenly coated. Add a dash of salt and pepper, to taste.