When most people think about healthy eating, they think about salads. A lot of people dread eating them, but they are one of my favorite foods. They're a great way to get in all your food groups in one sitting, and they taste so fresh and delicious, I have a hard time understanding why others don't like them! But, to each their own, I guess!
This salad has roasted carrots, which are personally my favorite part. They get so soft and sweet when roasted, and they taste well with the crunchiness of the radicchio.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 medium/large carrots, sliced/chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oil of choice for roasting
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 cup chopped radicchio
- 1/4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive
- Juice of 1 small/medium lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons mint leaves
- Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil you want to roast with. Bake for about 20 minutes or until soft.
2. In a medium bowl, add arugula, radicchio, tomatoes, and avocado. When carrots are ready, add to the bowl.
3. Toss with olive oil and lemon, and top with mint leaves. Serve with a dash of salt and pepper.