Clean-Eating Waffles with PB & J
I've never been a waffle person, but I have to say, my waffle iron is one of the best kitchen purchases I've made. Not only can you make regular breakfast waffles, but you can make egg waffles, potato waffles, sandwiches, and more.
This recipe is a spin on PB&J, and I use a clean-eating waffle recipe that is low in sugar and is free of refined flour.
Ingredients: Makes 2 large waffles/serves 2
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Peanut butter
- 100% fruit jelly
1. Preheat waffle iron on medium high. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a medium bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix until smooth.
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour batter into iron, close, and cook for about 4 minutes until waffles are firm and golden.
4. Carefully remove waffles from iron. Spread with peanut butter and jelly to taste. Serve warm.