Garlic Parmesan Lentil Pasta with Spinach and Egg
Lentil pasta has arrived at Trader Joes! I have always loved pasta, but wheat pasta, especially white wheat, but even whole wheat, isn't exactly the healthiest option to eat regularly. I usually stick to brown rice or quinoa pasta, or even spiralized noodles or black bean pasta. But I have to say, I think this lentil pasta is going to be my new go-to! It has a nice mild flavor, and it's loaded with all that great protein!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 cup lentil pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle for the egg
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- Handful of Parmesan (to taste, it's up to you!)
- Dash of black pepper
1. Prepare lentil pasta according to pasta. Drain, and set aside.
2. In the same pot, heat up olive oil on medium-low heat. Add garlic and spinach, cooking for about 2 minutes or until spinach as wilted. Add in pasta, and mix until spinach and garlic is evenly tossed in the pasta. Remove from heat.
3. In a small pan, add a little drizzle of olive oil on medium heat. Crack the egg, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the whites have set and the yolk is still runny.
4. While egg is cooking, turn the pasta heat back on low to keep it warm. Add the Parmesan, and toss into pasta. Remove from heat, and add pasta to a bowl. Top with egg when it is cooked, and serve warm. Top with black pepper, to taste.