Arugula Salad with Honey Sriracha Salmon & Egg
People hate on salads, but the reason I find them so appealing is because you can put so much in them without it tasting weird. I love to experiment with different proteins, healthy fats, nuts, and seeds, and the more that goes into my salad, the merrier. This one is extra loaded with protein, as it has both salmon and soft-boiled egg.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
Honey Sriracha Salmon
- 1 small filet wild-caught salmon
- Drizzle of Sriracha
- Drizzle of honey
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 cups arugula
- 4-5 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk ricotta cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- Handful of radish greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
To make the salmon:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread salmon on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Add a drizzle of Sriracha and honey, and spread over the top of the salmon. Bake for 20-25 minutes until salmon is flaky on the outside and has turned pink.
To make the egg:
1. While salmon is cooking, prepare the soft-boiled egg. Add the egg to a small pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil, and remove from heat. Let egg sit in the hot water for exactly 6 minutes. When time is up, submerge the egg (still in shell), in cold water, and keep to cool.
To make the salad:
1. Add arugula to a large bowl, along with tomatoes, avocado, salmon, and egg. Top with ricotta cheese, hemp seeds, and radish greens.
2. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and a small dash of salt and pepper. Toss to serve.