Lemon Avocado Kale Salad with Spiralized Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients (serves 1)
For Spiralized Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- Oil spray
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
For Lemon Avocado Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice of off both ends of sweet potato, and cut in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade. Spread sweet potato noodles evenly on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, spray with oil of choice, and bake for about 10-15 minutes until noodles just become crispy.
2. While potatoes are cooking, prepare salad. Finely chop up kale, and add to a bowl. Massage if desired. Add cherry tomatoes, almonds, and hemp seeds.
3. Prepare dressing by blending ingredients together until smooth. Toss salad in dressing, and top with sweet potato noodles once they're done roasting.