Beet Salsa Hash with Eggs
It's hard to find unique products these days, but my discovery of beet salsa has really blown my mind. I love beets, but sometimes they are a pain in the butt to prepare. That's why brands like Love Beets can be so useful because they make it easier for people to enjoy healthy foods like beets without having to go through the hassle of preparing them. And Love Beets has really taken it to the next level with their new Beet Salsa.
Beet salsa is genius, right?! I don't know how this isn't a thing yet, but I have a feeling it's going to catch on. It tasted AMAZING on this hash, and the best part is, the ingredients are super, super clean. Yay!
For this hash, I used already roasted potatoes that I had on hand, but if you don't have them ready, just chop, spread on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and roast for about 20 minutes on 425 F.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale
- 1 cup roasted Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2-4 tablespoons Love Beets Beet Salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally so garlic doesn't burn. Add in onions, and saute for 2 until onions just begin to soften. Mix in kale, and saute for an additional minute. Add in potatoes, stirring and cooking for 1-2 minutes.
2. Create two little holes in the skillet to crack the eggs into. Cover, and cook for about 2-4 minutes until whites have set and eggs have cooked (allowing the yolk to remain runny). Remove from heat, and top with beet salsa and parsley. Serve warm.
Thanks to Love Beets for sponsoring this post!