Smoked Salmon Toast with Dill Yogurt Tahini Spread
As you can see, I've definitely been on a breakfast kick as of late. I love breakfast because it's the first thing I eat in a day, which makes me excited with all the possibilities ahead of me. Though many of you know, I eat mostly vegan, but I am not a vegan. The reason for this is because I don't believe in restriction or following one specific diet (I've gone into this in a previous post). I don't generally love the taste of many meats, but one thing I do like a lot is fish, and studies have even shown that in countries where people eat fish, people live longer AND are happier (thank you omega-3s).
For this reason, I decided to buy some wild caught fish (and it IS important that it's wild caught), and I chose to make a cream-cheese-like spread using Greek yogurt and tahini. Let me tell you, this breakfast dish will definitely rival your favorite bagel joint!
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (I used nonfat, but feel free to use whichever you want)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small lemon
- 1 generous handful of fresh dill
- 1 piece of toast of choice (I used Ezekiel sprouted grain)
- 2-3 slices of wild smoked salmon
1. Mix yogurt and tahini in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Finely chop dill. Mix in with yogurt mix and the juice of your lemon.
3. Serve on toast with smoked salmon.
It's that easy! You will most likely have extra spread, so feel free to enjoy it throughout the week.